Shipping & Returns
Free Shipping On All Orders Over $500!!!
30-Day No Hassle Returns!
Order Confirmation and Shipment:
As soon as you place your order for a product, you will receive an automated confirmation e-mail from us. Once the payment is authorized, we will process your order immediately. All products ship out within 1-5 business days, unless otherwise noted. If the item you ordered is unavailable or on backorder, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via email. Items in stock can take 1-5 business days to ship. After the order is processed and shipped from our warehouse, you will receive a tracking number via e-mail. With the tracking number you can track your package and get an estimated time of delivery. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail or a tracking number, feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. All cancelled or returned orders may be subject to a 25% restocking fee. If returning a unit, we will ask that you please remove all filters from the unit before shipping and dispose of them. Customer is responsible for all return shipping charges.
Before accepting any package, be sure to thoroughly inspect your item for damages. In the event that your package is damaged, take photos of the item and send them to email@example.com. We will process the insurance claim on your behalf and pick up the cost of the return shipment.
30-Day Returns and Cancellation Policy:
Refunds on cancelled orders will be refunded back to the card that the order was placed on. To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging. You have 30 days from the day the order was placed to return your product. Some products will not be charged a restocking fee, however most manufacturer’s require that we charge a 25% restocking fee due to the loss of filters that have to be removed by the customer before shipping back to warehouse. If a delivery is refused for any reason other than a damaged product, a restocking may be charged to the card on file. Returns are only accepted within the first 30 days of purchase but subject to restocking fee from certain manufacturers. All returns after 30 days will not be accepted. All customers will be required to pay for return shipping, except where a shipment was damaged.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase as well as a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA).
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an e-mail to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If the return is accepted, then a refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 7-10 business days.
Please read through this instructional guide so you can understand how the process works and what you should expect to happen once you place your order with us.
- You will receive an order confirmation email as soon as you place your order. This means that we have authorized your credit card for the purchase and are preparing your order for shipment.
- As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our warehouse to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment.
- If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will reach out to you via email.
- If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment, we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
- Our goal is to keep the ordering process as simple as possible. Shipping times vary from 1-5 business days and delivery time could vary between 3-10 business days if your product is in stock.
- If your order is in stock and your credit card is approved by our fraud guarantee department, the product ordered will ship within 1-5 business days from the date of your order.
- We will send you the tracking information within 24-48 hours to the e-mail address you provided when checking out.
- We ship daily via UPS Ground, FedEx Ground, and Freight to the lower 48 states. Most all orders will ship in 1-5 days as ordered if the order is submitted before 1 pm EST (some exceptions apply, some part & freight orders may not ship until the following day).
- Some parts orders and freight shipments are subject to ship the following business day if the order is placed close to the 1 pm cut off time.
- Shipping costs are included with any unit going ground to the lower 48 states. AK & HI ship by AIR at additional cost.
- Currently, we do not offer Cash On Delivery (COD).
- A phone number is required by the freight company so a delivery appointment can be made.
- Failure to provide this at the time of order may cause a delay in delivery as freight items will not be delivered without an appointment.
- A delay in delivery may also cause additional storage fees to accrue that will need to be paid prior to delivery.
- Due to COVID-19, please allow an additional 7-14 business days for fulfillment and shipment.
Note to international customers: You are responsible for any and all duties or taxes that may apply. (see details below)
- Customs, Duties, and Taxes: Import duties, taxes, and charges are not included in the item price or shipping cost. The recipient of an international shipment may be subject to customs brokerage fees, import duties, and taxes after the shipment reaches the destination country. Additional charges are the responsibility of the recipient because we have no control over these government-imposed charges and cannot determine what they may be. Customs policies vary greatly among countries. Therefore, we cannot, and will not, offer advice about taxes in your country. We report the amount of the sale on the Customs form. Please do not ask us to claim less than the actual purchase amount. It is the customers’ responsibility to know the legality of the products ordered in their country. Do not order items that are illegal to import into your country. Laws are different in every country and we cannot keep up with them all. It is your responsibility to check with your Customs office to see if your country permits the shipment of our products to your country.
- As the buyer, it is your responsibility to find out that information before you order. Please contact your local customs office for information.
- To avoid a delay in receiving your order from customs, consider the following:
- Provide us with a phone number where you can be reached by customs when your product arrives. This phone number will be listed on the commercial invoice so customs can reach you to clear your order.
- Please do not refuse a shipment or ignore requests from carriers regarding duty and/or tax liability charges. Be aware that most carriers will hold a shipment for 5 days after arrival in your country before they return it to the sender.
- We do not refund original shipping charges for goods that are refused for delivery at customs.
- We will deduct all additional fees resulting from refused international shipments from your refund.
- If we are charged for YOUR taxes and duties on the shipment or incur any penalty or lawsuit related to your order or shipment, we will post the charge to your credit card.
- If the package is seized by Customs for any reason and we do not receive the package back, we will NOT issue you a refund since, obviously, local laws and regulations determine the fate of the package. If we do receive the package back after being seized, you are still responsible for the shipping charges and any other fees plus penalties incurred.
- We ship via UPS and FedEx for most products, USPS for small parts and accessories, and freight for large products.
- If you don’t receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order confirmation, feel free to follow up with us at [firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Please inspect the packaging of your items when they arrive.
- If there are any products damaged upon arrival, you can file a warranty claim to get replacement parts for anything that’s damaged.
- If your item(s) do arrive damaged, please send multiple photos of all sides of shipping package to email@example.com and we will process an insurance claim on your behalf.
Cancellations & Refunds:
- All orders canceled are subject to an administration fee equal to 15% of the total order amount, whether or not your order has shipped. This is a fee that covers administrative and personnel fees.
- If your item is on backorder and you accept the backorder, we will hold your payment until the product ships. If you decide to cancel before a backorder arrives and is processed for shipping, we will not charge a fee.
- If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
- All orders cancelled due to COVID-19 are subject to a 5% cancellation fee.
- From time to time, a product may run out of stock at our warehouse and the website wasn’t updated when you placed your order. In that case, we will send you an email right after you place your order notifying you of the backorder, what the expected time for arrival is, and what substitutes are available in case you are interested in getting an item sooner.
- The expected arrival time may change due to unforeseen circumstances like a shipment getting held up at the port upon arrival or the factory missing a certain part needed to complete the manufacturing process.
- If the arrival time changes on your order, you can let us know whether you would like to keep the order, substitute for a different product, or cancel the order altogether.
- Once back orders arrive, we will notify you by email with your estimated ship date and you will receive an email with tracking information within 1-3 business days.
This section will give you the essential information about what to expect with the delivery of your item. If you purchased one of our large and heavy items your item will ship freight LTL will be delivered via a lift gate truck.
Important Freight LTL Shipment
- When the item reaches your city or a city near yours the dispatcher will call you to set up a future delivery date and time with you. The item will not be delivered until you set up this appointment.
- You need to be at the delivery address during the delivery window to receive and sign for the item.
- The dispatcher will let you know what dates they have available. Delivery appointments can only be scheduled Monday thru Friday. The delivery times can only be scheduled in delivery windows of 8 am – 12 pm or 12 pm – 4 pm. Depending on the freight company the delivery window may differ. Fixed delivery time cannot be scheduled. Example 9:00 am. It can only be scheduled in a delivery window time frame.
- Please make sure the phone number you entered at checkout is a good number to contact you.
- Don’t screen your calls until your item has been delivered.
- The item will be delivered via a lift gate truck with one delivery person. It will be placed at your door or the closet area near your door. Due to the possible large size, it may not be possible to be placed at your door.
- Be sure to keep all your packing materials including the pallet if included. If you decide to return the item, you will need to have all the original packing materials.
How to Handle Exceptions or Discrepancies at time of Product Delivery (Carton packaging appears to have some damage such as ripped, holes, large dents, open carton, or items are missing):
- Carton damage requires visual inspection of the contents of the unit.
- theplaidthumb.com recommends IMMEDIATE inspection, with the driver present, to verify damage. If contents are damaged, indicate damage on the carrier’s paperwork and notify theplaidthumb.com immediately.
- IMPORTANT: If contents cannot be inspected immediately, notation on the carrier’s paperwork must state: “Carton damage, subject to inspection” and list type of damage.
- Contents must be inspected within 48 hours of arrival and actual damage reported to the carrier
Carton packaging has excessive damage with the exposed product:
- Refuse shipment
- Sign carrier paperwork: “Carton damaged and refused”
- Notify theplaidthumb.com immediately.